Monday, October 22, 2012

Union leader: I never spoke with Hinds


Story Created: Oct 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM ECT

Story Updated: Oct 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM ECT 

PRESIDENT general of the All Trinidad General Workers Trade Union Nirvan Maharaj issued a statement yesterday denying he ever spoke with or met People's National Movement (PNM) Senator Fitzgerald Hinds.
Maharaj said he was owed an apology by Hinds. Hinds told the Senate last Wednesday that three members of the board of the Agricultural Development Bank (ADB) had resigned because "they could no longer take the mismanagement and rubbish taking place there".
However, Maharaj stated: "I am still at a loss to understand the impunity with which Mr Hinds could call my name in Parliament and in so doing impute statements on my behalf, when the truth is I have never spoken to or even met Mr Hinds in my life."
He stated: "I am shocked and appalled that members of this country's legislative arm in the Upper House could so blatantly violate the concept of Parliamentary privilege and in so doing engage in an abuse of parliamentary process. I emphatically deny ever speaking to Mr Hinds as to the reasons I would have resigned as the director of the ADB board."

No comments:

Post a Comment